Blog Intentions:

Each post on this blog is designed to take you about a minute to read. I want to write out my thoughts every day but I don't have time to write an entire novel, so I give you this blog as a daily condensed sample of my thoughts. You should read it, it will only take a minute.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

i got my first real six string

this morning i am reflecting on our youth group worship service from last night.  i was playing guitar and worshipping God with my students; one of my favorite things to do in the world!  for some reason i have been going back to when i was 13 years old (not literally, because i can't generate 1.21 jiggawatts...yet) and thinking about all of the milestones and decisions that i made that shaped the rest of my life. 

by far the biggest influence in my life apart from Christ is/was/will be my dad.  he believed in me enough to buy me my first guitar.  he believed in me enough to buy me my second guitar!  these two guitars are a couple of my greatest treasures because when i play them they remind me of my dad and how he has always believed in me.  i would not be leading worship for my students every week if he had not believed in me enough to invest in me.  thank you dad for everything.

for your commenting consideration:
who has believed in you enough to invest in you?
are you investing in anyone?

3 comments:

  1. My parents believed in me enough that they didn't question me when I told them that I was going back to school to get an AAS in graphic communication. They just believed in me and supported me.

    FYI the title of this post reminds me of an extras track on Big Tent Revival's Open All Night CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an awesome story...there is nothing better than when your parents believe in what you can be.

    the original inspiration for the title is from the song summer of 69...but that works too! big tent is such an underrated band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth be told, the answer to your first question is Jimmy.
    and to your second is...yes, but i need to be more intentional.

    ReplyDelete