Blog Intentions:

Each post on this blog is designed to take you about a minute to read. I want to write out my thoughts every day but I don't have time to write an entire novel, so I give you this blog as a daily condensed sample of my thoughts. You should read it, it will only take a minute.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

you know we got it goin' on

i am thinking about how much i have...i am also thinking about how much more i want...what is that all about?  why is it that i constantly fail to see how much God has already blessed me?  it's because i am too focused on when the next blessing will come...like the other 51,324,674 that He already gave me isn't enough.

Psalm 145:16 says "You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing."

the God of the universe is powerful enough and merciful enough to satisfy the desire of every living thing!  i have been given so much...much much more than i need to live.  i don't feel called to get rid of everything that isn't necessary for the survival of my family, but i know that i need to constantly be aware of the blessings that God gives me...he satisfies all of my desires! 

for your commenting consideration:
what do you have that you don't need?

3 comments:

  1. took me two minutes to read. comment posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. It made me stop and think. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we are going to be real honest, I'm sitting in a room full of books, most of which I do not need. I keep them. Why? Because, I think I need them.

    ReplyDelete